About Me

My photo
initial screw up in life ,alhamdulillah had a second chance , made full use of it and now living it to the fullest with my loved ones

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Deeply touched..

Hello again everyone ,
Being oncall , working over the weekend has its perks and disadvantages , but I'm not complaining as it is what I do. But what made me wrote the heading above tonight is something which I will cherish the rest of my life. To put it in brief , we ( me and a senior colleague ) did a major operation for an elderly lady few weeks back , she had early cancer.Her social life would put any dramas or sob stories to shame , and whatever little material things and heartaches she has is hers alone , left for good by the husband , kids and with no families.Barely surviving on welfare and washing dishes at the age of midfifties , I'm sure you all can imagine the kind of predicament she's in.

She did well following the surgery , and I am due to see her in a couple of weeks time.Imagine my surprise  , when my nursing staff tells me that this kind patient ,cooked her kampung reared chicken , made chicken rendang complete with ketupat , had her neighbour took her to the hospital ward , waited for me , and gave me a huge portion of the food , and had separate portions for the staff as well. It was unfortunate that I missed her and that she had left .She may be gone but her sincerity and simple gesture left me speechless , for no words can describe how I am deeply touched by her kindness. She has very little , and yet she gave so much .To makcik R------- , I thank you from the bottom of my heart , and as I'm typing away  , trying very hard to choke back my tears , being humbled by such act.
Chicken rendang : priceless

To me , this is a very very special chicken rendang , with very special ingredients , from a very special person.
Selamat Hari Raya , makcik R-----, insyallah kita jumpa lagi.Maafkan salah dan silap saya , dan semoga Allah membalas segala budi baik makcik.

No comments:

Post a Comment